Senior Living in 08553 (Rocky Hill, NJ)
- 08553 scores the same as the Rocky Hill, NJ average of 89.
- 08553 scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08553 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (University Medical Center At Princeton and Carrier Clinic).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Noonon House, Acorn Glen, and Stonebridge at Montgomery Health Care Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Princeton Country Club, Bunker Hill Golf Course, and Springdale Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Delaware and Raritan Canal, Herrontown Woods Arboretum, and Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Kingston Presbyterian Church, Trinity Church, and All Saints\' Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $110,389, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,750, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,022, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.87%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08553 has an average population density of 1,101.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.81%.