Senior Living in 08618 (Trenton, NJ)
- 08618 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 10th highest of any zip code in Trenton, NJ.
- 08618 scores significantly lower than the Trenton, NJ average of 69.
- 08618 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08618 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Capital Health System-mercer Campus, Capital Health System-fuld Campus, and Trenton Psychiatric Hospital.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Care One At Ewing, Greenwood House , and Providence Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Trenton Country Club, Mountain View Golf Course, and Morrisville Golf Farm.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Cadwalader Park, Trent House, and Waterfront Park.
- There are 75 churches nearby, including Central Baptist Church, Friendship Baptist Church, and Galilee Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.84% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,435, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,657, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,175, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,255 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,117 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.12%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 08618 has a dense population density of 6,307.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.33%.