Senior Living in 08628 (Trenton, NJ)
- 08628 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Trenton, NJ.
- 08628 scores significantly higher than the Trenton, NJ average of 69.
- 08628 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08628 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Trenton Psychiatric Hospital, Capital Health System-mercer Campus, and Capital Health System-fuld Campus.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Greenwood House , Care One At Ewing, and Providence Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 158 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Trenton Country Club, Mountain View Golf Course, and Morrisville Golf Farm.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Cadwalader Park, Washington Crossing State Park, and Washington Crossing Historic Park.
- There are 96 churches nearby, including Calvary Chapel-Mercer County, Ewing Presbyterian Church, and Our Lady of Good Counsel.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.84% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,131, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,676, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,952, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,255 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,117 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.25%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 08628 has an average population density of 1,292.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.64%.