Senior Living in 08629 (Trenton, NJ)
- 08629 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 11th highest of any zip code in Trenton, NJ.
- 08629 scores significantly lower than the Trenton, NJ average of 69.
- 08629 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08629 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Francis Medical Center).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Rose Hill, Ewing Independent Living, and Hamilton Grove Healthcare and Rehabilitation.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Lawrenceville School Golf Course, The, Greenacres Country Club, and Morrisville Golf Farm.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Grounds For Sculpture, Trent House, and Waterfront Park.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Apostolic Church-trenton, Cristo Rey Christ Church, and Congregation Brothers-Israel.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.84% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,172, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,083, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,277, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,255 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,117 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.76%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 08629 has a very dense population density of 15,491.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.48%.