Senior Living in 08690 (Trenton, NJ)
- 08690 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the highest of any zip code in Trenton, NJ.
- 08690 scores significantly higher than the Trenton, NJ average of 69.
- 08690 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08690 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton, St Francis Medical Center, and St Lawrence Rehabilitation Ctr.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Arcadia Nursing and Rehab, Hamilton Continuing Care Center, and Care One at Hamilton.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 190 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Miry Run Country Club, Greenacres Country Club, and Lawrenceville School Golf Course, The.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Sayen House and Gardens, Mercer County Park, and Grounds For Sculpture.
- There are 101 churches nearby, including Faith Baptist Church-Garbc, Hamilton Square Baptist Church, and St Gregory the Great Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.84% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $103,263, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $91,870, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,916, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,255 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,117 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.08%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 08690 has a dense population density of 2,623.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.19%.