Senior Living in 08701 (Lakewood, NJ)
- 08701 scores the same as the Lakewood, NJ average of 65.
- 08701 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08701 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Kimball Medical Center, Ocean Medical Center, and Community Medical Center.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in the area, including Atlantic Coast Rehab and Health, FountainView Care Center, and Hearthstone Estates.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 256 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Eagle Ridge Golf Club, Woodlake Golf & Country Club, and Lakewood Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Butterfly Camping Resort)..
- There are 52 churches nearby, including St Anthony Claret Parish, Macedonia Baptist Church, and Sixth Street Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,363, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,039, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,177, which is in the top 88% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.28%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08701 has a dense population density of 3,774.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.77%.