Senior Living in 08723 (Brick, NJ)
- 08723 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the highest of any zip code in Brick, NJ.
- 08723 scores higher than the Brick, NJ average of 75.
- 08723 scores the same as the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08723 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Ocean Medical Center, Kimball Medical Center, and Community Medical Center.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in the area, including Seaview Village, Lions Head South, and Shorrock Gardens.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 315 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Ocean County Golf Course at Forge Pond, Bey Lea Municipal Golf Course, and Toms River Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Cattus Island County Park)..
- There are 73 churches nearby, including Visitation Roman Catholic Chr, Laurelton Park Baptist Church, and St Thomas Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,648, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,528, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,790, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.95%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08723 has a dense population density of 2,621.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.39%.