Senior Living in 08733 (Lakehurst, NJ)
- 08733 scores the same as the Lakehurst, NJ average of 74.
- 08733 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08733 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Community Medical Center, Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, and New Beginnings.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in the area, including Aristacare at Manchester, Whiting Health Care, and The Reserve of Lake Ridge.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Pine Ridge Golf Course, Westlake Golf & Country Club, and Back/Third Course at Metedeconk National Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Butterfly Camping Resort and Indian Rock RV Park Campground).
- There are 47 churches nearby, including St John\'s Rectory, Ocean County Evangelical Free, and Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,668, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,583, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,077, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.57%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08733 has an average population density of 755.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.96%.