Senior Living in 08734 (Lanoka Harbor, NJ)
- 08734 scores the same as the Lanoka Harbor, NJ average of 70.
- 08734 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08734 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Spring Oak Assisted Living of Forked River, Golden Age Care Center, and Tallwoods Care Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Cedar Creek Golf Course, Bey Lea Municipal Golf Course, and Toms River Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Double Trouble State Park)..
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Village Lutheran Church, Trinity United Methodist Chr, and Rosario P.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $105,425, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $94,480, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,670, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.99%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08734 has an average population density of 1,338.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.06%.