Senior Living in 08740 (Ocean Gate, NJ)
- 08740 scores the same as the Ocean Gate, NJ average of 76.
- 08740 scores the same as the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08740 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Tallwoods Care Center, Dover Woods Health Care Center, and Crystal Lake Healthcare and Rehab.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 89 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Cedar Creek Golf Course, Toms River Country Club, and Bey Lea Municipal Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Cattus Island County Park)..
- There are 32 churches nearby, including First United Methodist Church, Manus Albert H, and Our Lady-Perpetual Help Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,105, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,625, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,654, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.16%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08740 has a dense population density of 4,506.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.71%.