Senior Living in 08755 (Toms River, NJ)
- 08755 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the highest of any zip code in Toms River, NJ.
- 08755 scores higher than the Toms River, NJ average of 74.
- 08755 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08755 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Community Medical Center, Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, and Kimball Medical Center.
- There are 57 senior living facilities in the area, including Hampton Ridge Healthcare & Rehabilitation, Magnolia Gardens, and Rose Garden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 247 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Four Seasons Spa & Country Club, Bey Lea Municipal Golf Course, and Toms River Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Cattus Island County Park)..
- There are 57 churches nearby, including Jesus Is Lord Fellowship, St Andrew\'s United Methodist, and St Luke\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,703, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,609, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,735, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.12%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08755 has a dense population density of 1,587.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.75%.