Senior Living in 08757 (Toms River, NJ)
- 08757 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Toms River, NJ.
- 08757 scores lower than the Toms River, NJ average of 74.
- 08757 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08757 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Community Medical Center and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital).
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Holiday City at Berkeley Shareowners Corporation, Holiday City Homeowners Corporation, and Holiday Care Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 161 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (64% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Four Seasons Spa & Country Club, Cedar Creek Golf Course, and Bey Lea Municipal Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Double Trouble State Park)..
- There are 36 churches nearby, including United Church of Christ, Christian Temple of Christ, and Meola James N.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,869, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,284, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,399, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.45%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08757 has an average population density of 1,289.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.20%.