Senior Living in 08758 (Waretown, NJ)
- 08758 scores the same as the Waretown, NJ average of 74.
- 08758 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08758 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Southern Ocean Medical Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Barnegat Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Pinewood Estates Mobile Home, and Southern Ocean Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Ocean County Golf Course at Atlantis, Ocean Acres Country Club, and Cedar Creek Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Double Trouble State Park)..
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Waretown United Methodist Chr, River of Life Family Church, and St Stephen\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,188, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,313, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,461, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.67%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08758 has an average population density of 564.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.76%.