Senior Living in 08759 (Manchester Township, NJ)
- 08759 scores the same as the Manchester Township, NJ average of 67.
- 08759 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08759 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (New Beginnings).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Crestwood Manor, The Pines at Whiting, and The Pines at Whiting.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (76% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Renaissance Golf Course, Pine Ridge Golf Course, and Four Seasons Spa & Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Double Trouble State Park)..
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Whiting Bible Church, Denig Phillip P, and Redeemer Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.54% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,968, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,769, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,869, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.58%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08759 has an average population density of 514.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.62%.