Senior Living in 08804 (Bloomsbury, NJ)
- 08804 scores the same as the Bloomsbury, NJ average of 81.
- 08804 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08804 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Warren Hospital and Easton Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Phillipsburg Center, Phillipsburg Housing Authority, and Brakeley Park Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 59 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Oak Hill Golf Club, Architects Golf Club, The, and Harkers Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Ringing Rocks County Park and Tinicum Park).
- There are 73 churches nearby, including Catholic Church-Annunciation, First Lutheran Church, and Greenwich Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.53% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.91% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $120,886, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $98,942, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,439, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.39%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08804 has a sparse population density of 225.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.39%.