Senior Living in 08821 (Flagtown, NJ)
- 08821 scores the same as the Flagtown, NJ average of 83.
- 08821 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08821 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Somerset Medical Center and Carrier Clinic).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Foothill Acres Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Brookdale Hillsborough, and Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 127 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Roycebrook Golf Club -East, Fox Hollow Golf Club, and Lake to Meadow Course at Neshanic Valley Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Duke Island Park, Sourland Mountain Preserve, and Duke Farms.
- There are 40 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and Immaculate Conception Rc Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $136,159, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,206, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,661, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.94%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08821 has an average population density of 1,183.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.54%.