Senior Living in 08835 (Manville, NJ)
- 08835 scores the same as the Manville, NJ average of 69.
- 08835 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08835 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including New Jersey Eastern Star Home, Friends Retirement Concepts, and CareOne at Somerset Valley.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Raritan Valley Country Club, East Course at Royce Brook Golf Club, and Quail Brook Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Duke Farms and Colonial Park).
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart Rc Church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, and St Mary\'s Rc Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,687, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,489, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,773, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.15%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08835 has a dense population density of 4,381.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.84%.