Senior Living in 08844 (Hillsborough, NJ)
- 08844 scores the same as the Hillsborough, NJ average of 78.
- 08844 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08844 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Carrier Clinic, Somerset Medical Center, and University Medical Center At Princeton.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including The Avalon at Hillsborough, Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, and Brookdale Hillsborough.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 51 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 286 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 85 golf courses nearby, including Mattawang Golf Club, The, East Course at Royce Brook Golf Club, and Quail Brook Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Sourland Mountain Preserve, Colonial Park, and Delaware and Raritan Canal.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including Montgomery United Methodist, Harlingen Reformed Church, and Faith Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $127,675, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $109,013, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,957, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.13%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08844 has an average population density of 697.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.36%.