Senior Living in 08850 (Milltown, NJ)
- 08850 scores the same as the Milltown, NJ average of 83.
- 08850 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08850 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and Saint Peter\'s University Hospital).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Memory Care Living of South River, Darrow Street Group Home, and Chelsea Senior Residences.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 228 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including West Course at Tamarack Golf Course, Quail Brook Golf Course, and Spooky Brook Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Rutgers Gardens, Elmer B Boyd Park, and Johnson Park.
- There are 92 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Lourdes, Milltown United Methodist, and St Paul\'s United Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,078, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,947, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,807, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.42%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08850 has a dense population density of 3,374.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.74%.