Senior Living in 08854 (Piscataway, NJ)
- 08854 scores the same as the Piscataway, NJ average of 74.
- 08854 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08854 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including University Behavioral Hlthcare, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, and Saint Peter\'s University Hospital.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce, Aristacare at Cedar Oaks, and Margaret Mclaughlin Mccarrick.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 49 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 346 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 92 golf courses nearby, including Rutgers University Golf Course, Fairway Golf Center, and Raritan Landing Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Johnson Park, Elmer B Boyd Park, and Washington Rock.
- There are 122 churches nearby, including All Saint\'s Lutheran Church, Christ United Methodist Church, and Our Lady-Fatima Roman Catholic.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,094, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,779, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,482, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.83%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08854 has a dense population density of 2,971.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 93.08%.