Senior Living in 08865 (Phillipsburg, NJ)
- 08865 scores the same as the Phillipsburg, NJ average of 68.
- 08865 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08865 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Warren Hospital and Easton Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Brakeley Park Center, Lopatcong Center, and Phillipsburg Housing Authority.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 48 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Harkers Hollow Golf Club, Architects Golf Club, The, and Riverview Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 56 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, St Philips & St James Church, and St Peter & Pauls Catholic Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.89% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.92% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,417, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,515, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,368, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.88%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 08865 has an average population density of 693.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.78%.