Senior Living in 08873 (Somerset, NJ)
- 08873 scores the same as the Somerset, NJ average of 75.
- 08873 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08873 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Saint Peter\'s University Hospital, and University Behavioral Hlthcare.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Spring Hills at Somerset, Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute Rehabilitation And Nursing Center , and Stein and Stein Assisted Living.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 47 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 262 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 85 golf courses nearby, including Tara Greens Golf Center, Spooky Brook Golf Course, and Quail Brook Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Colonial Park, Johnson Park, and Elmer B Boyd Park.
- There are 114 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church-Lincoln, Community Baptist Church, and St Matthias Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $102,472, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,858, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,443, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.96%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08873 has a dense population density of 1,546.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.43%.