Senior Living in 08876 (Somerville, NJ)
- 08876 scores the same as the Somerville, NJ average of 75.
- 08876 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08876 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Somerset Medical Center and Carrier Clinic).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including The Avalon at Hillsborough, Bridgeway Care and Rehab Center at Hillsborough, and Brookdale Hillsborough.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 207 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 75 golf courses nearby, including East Course at Royce Brook Golf Club, Fox Hollow Golf Club, and Roycebrook Golf Club -East.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Duke Farms, Colonial Park, and Duke Island Park.
- There are 64 churches nearby, including Temple Beth El of Hillsborough, Faith Lutheran Church, and Mary Mother of God Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $108,258, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,347, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,803, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.88%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08876 has an average population density of 1,459.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.48%.