Senior Living in 08901 (New Brunswick, NJ)
- 08901 scores the same as the New Brunswick, NJ average of 58.
- 08901 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08901 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and Saint Peter\'s University Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Memory Care Living of South River, JFK Hartwyck at Edison Estates, and Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (10% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including West Course at Tamarack Golf Course, Raritan Landing Golf Course, and Fairway Golf Center.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Elmer B Boyd Park, Rutgers Gardens, and Johnson Park.
- There are 43 churches nearby, including Ebenezer Baptist Church, Faith Hope Baptist Church, and Sharon Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,318, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,528, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,149, which is in the top 89% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.23%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08901 has a very dense population density of 8,725.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 66.61%.