Senior Living in 08904 (Highland Park, NJ)
- 08904 scores the same as the Highland Park, NJ average of 74.
- 08904 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 08904 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Saint Peter\'s University Hospital, and University Behavioral Hlthcare.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including JFK Hartwyck at Edison Estates, Aristacare at Cedar Oaks, and Willow Creek Rehab and Care Ce.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 117 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Fairway Golf Center, Raritan Landing Golf Course, and Rutgers University Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Elmer B Boyd Park, Johnson Park, and Rutgers Gardens.
- There are 62 churches nearby, including St Paul the Apostle Church, Ahavas Achim Congregation, and Kroopnick Milton L.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,884, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,465, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,935, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.70%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 08904 has a dense population density of 7,716.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.95%.