Senior Living in 10014 (New York, NY)
- 10014 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 17th highest of any zip code in New York, NY.
- 10014 scores higher than the New York, NY average of 75.
- 10014 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10014 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 13 hospitals nearby, including Saint Vincents Hosp & Med Ctr, Beth Israel Medical Center, and Ny Eye And Ear Infirmary.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including Village Care Rehab and Nursing Center, Brookdale Battery Park, and Brookdale Battery Park.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 712 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Dyker Beach Golf Course, and Forest Park Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Washington Square Park, Union Square Park, and Madison Square Park.
- There are 132 churches nearby, including St Luke in the Fields Church, St Joseph\'s Church, and Our Lady of Guadalupe Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $161,283, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $102,747, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $98,716, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.50%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10014 has a very dense population density of 58,107.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.66%.