Senior Living in 10019 (New York, NY)
- 10019 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the 23th highest of any zip code in New York, NY.
- 10019 scores higher than the New York, NY average of 75.
- 10019 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10019 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 17 hospitals nearby, including Cornerstone Of Med Arts Hosp, St Clare\'s Hosp & Hlth Center, and Manhattan Eet Hospital.
- There are 56 senior living facilities in the area, including Bensonhurst Hsg-Elderly, Island Shores Senior Residence, and West Seventy Four Street Home.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 912 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, and Overpeck County Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Damrosch Park, Bryant Park, and Central Park.
- There are 148 churches nearby, including St Malachy\'s Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and St Thomas Church Fifth Avenue.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $134,360, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,508, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $82,759, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.86%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10019 has a very dense population density of 62,401.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.28%.