Senior Living in 10027 (New York, NY)
- 10027 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 36th highest of any zip code in New York, NY.
- 10027 scores significantly lower than the New York, NY average of 75.
- 10027 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10027 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Harlem Hospital Center, Manhattan Psychiatric Center, and North General Hospital.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including St Marys Center, Amsterdam Nursing Home , and Henry J. Carter Specialty Hospital & Nursing Facility.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 301 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Overpeck County Golf Course, Mosholu Golf Course & Driving Range, and Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including General Grant National Memorial, Morningside Park, and Marcus Garvey Park.
- There are 139 churches nearby, including Ephesus 7th Day Adventist Chr, Friendship Baptist Church, and Antioch Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,340, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,157, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,810, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.77%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10027 has a very dense population density of 68,707.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.20%.