Senior Living in 10044 (New York, NY)
- 10044 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 17th highest of any zip code in New York, NY.
- 10044 scores higher than the New York, NY average of 75.
- 10044 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10044 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 15 hospitals nearby, including Coler-goldwater Spec Hospital, New York Hospital Medical Center Of Queens, and Hospital For Special Surgery.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in the area, including ArchCare at Mary Manning Walsh Home , YC Health + Hospitals/Coler SNF, and Dewitt Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 718 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, and Kissena Park Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Socrates Sculpture Park, Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park, and Carl Schurz Park.
- There are 91 churches nearby, including Redeemer Presbyterian Church, St Francis Cabrini Church, and St James\' Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $103,751, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,250, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,137, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.44%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10044 has a very dense population density of 50,921.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.74%.