Senior Living in 10065 (New York, NY)
- 10065 has a SeniorScore® of 82, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in New York, NY.
- 10065 scores higher than the New York, NY average of 75.
- 10065 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10065 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 16 hospitals nearby, including New York-presbyterian Hospital, Manhattan Eet Hospital, and Mem Sloan-kettering Cancer Ctr.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including ArchCare at Mary Manning Walsh Home , Dewitt Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Bensonhurst Hsg-Elderly.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 875 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, and Overpeck County Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park, Carl Schurz Park, and Central Park.
- There are 145 churches nearby, including Trinity Baptist Church, Temple Emanu-El, and Our Lady of Peace.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $197,585, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $111,334, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $111,303, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.50%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10065 has a very dense population density of 84,476.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.25%.