Senior Living in 10301 (Staten Island, NY)
- 10301 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 8th highest of any zip code in Staten Island, NY.
- 10301 scores lower than the Staten Island, NY average of 66.
- 10301 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10301 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Richmond University Medical Center).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Lakeside Manor Home For Adults, Silver Lake Specialized Rehab and Care Center, and Verrazano Nursing Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Silver Lake Golf Course, Richmond County Country Club, and Dyker Beach Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden, Clove Lakes Park, and The Staten Island September 11th Memorial.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including St Pauls, Church of Assumption, and St Peters Parish.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.23% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,852, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,943, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,716, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.09%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10301 has a very dense population density of 10,819.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.22%.