Senior Living in 10302 (Staten Island, NY)
- 10302 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 8th highest of any zip code in Staten Island, NY.
- 10302 scores lower than the Staten Island, NY average of 66.
- 10302 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10302 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Richmond University Medical Center).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden Gate Rehab and H C C, Clove Lakes Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, Inc., and Lakeside Manor Home For Adults.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Silver Lake Golf Course, Richmond County Country Club, and LaTourette Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Clove Lakes Park)..
- There are 15 churches nearby, including St Roch\'s Church, Congregation Temple Emanuel, and St Mary\'s of the Assumption.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.23% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,999, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,518, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,628, which is in the top 54% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.83%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10302 has a very dense population density of 15,986.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.88%.