Senior Living in 10303 (Staten Island, NY)
- 10303 has a SeniorScore® of 58, which is the 12th highest of any zip code in Staten Island, NY.
- 10303 scores significantly lower than the Staten Island, NY average of 66.
- 10303 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10303 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including TRMC Brother Bonaventure Extended Care & Rehab Center, Golden Gate Rehab and H C C, and Clove Lakes Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, Inc..
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Silver Lake Golf Course, Richmond County Country Club, and Roselle Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Christ United Methodist Church, St Adalbert\'s Church, and St Clement & St Michael\'s.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.23% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,471, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,956, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,015, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.06%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10303 has a very dense population density of 8,395.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.56%.