Senior Living in 10304 (Staten Island, NY)
- 10304 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 11th highest of any zip code in Staten Island, NY.
- 10304 scores lower than the Staten Island, NY average of 66.
- 10304 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10304 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Staten Island University Hospital and South Beach Psychiatric Center).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise of Staten Island, Carmel Richmond Healthcare and Rehab Center, and Carmel Housing Dev Fund Co.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Richmond County Country Club, Silver Lake Golf Course, and LaTourette Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Clove Lakes Park)..
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Immaculate Conception Church, Our Lady of Good Counsel Chr, and St Ann\'s Rc Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.23% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,616, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,847, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,747, which is in the top 37% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.39%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10304 has a very dense population density of 10,888.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.19%.