Senior Living in 10305 (Staten Island, NY)
- 10305 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 8th highest of any zip code in Staten Island, NY.
- 10305 scores lower than the Staten Island, NY average of 66.
- 10305 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10305 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Staten Island University Hospital and South Beach Psychiatric Center).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Independent Living Association, Carmel Housing Dev Fund Co, and Carmel Richmond Healthcare and Rehab Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Richmond County Country Club, Silver Lake Golf Course, and LaTourette Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk and Beach)..
- There are 9 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Church, St Joseph\'s Church, and Thomas Stanley F.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.23% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,425, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,401, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,753, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.18%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10305 has a very dense population density of 9,818.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.88%.