Senior Living in 10307 (Staten Island, NY)
- 10307 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Staten Island, NY.
- 10307 scores higher than the Staten Island, NY average of 66.
- 10307 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 10307 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Raritan Bay Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Aristacare at Alameda Center, The Venetian Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Amboy Care Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including South Shore Golf Course, Colonia Country Club, and Colonia Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Long Pond Park, Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve, and Lemon Creek Park.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Our Lady Help of Christians, Bethel United Methodist Church, and St Paul\'s Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.23% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $113,102, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,121, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,513, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.55%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10307 has a dense population density of 7,184.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.43%.