Senior Living in 10314 (Staten Island, NY)
- 10314 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Staten Island, NY.
- 10314 scores higher than the Staten Island, NY average of 66.
- 10314 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 10314 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Richmond University Medical Center).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Sea View , Parklane at Sea View, and Golden Gate Rehab and H C C.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 173 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including LaTourette Golf Course, Richmond County Country Club, and South Shore Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Freshkills Park, Clove Lakes Park, and Great Kills Park.
- There are 77 churches nearby, including St Anthony of Padua Rc Church, Mazor Benjamin N, and Our Lady of Pity Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.23% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,905, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,803, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,421, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.91%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10314 has a dense population density of 6,239.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.14%.