Senior Living in 10456 (Bronx, NY)
- 10456 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 23th highest of any zip code in Bronx, NY.
- 10456 scores lower than the Bronx, NY average of 65.
- 10456 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10456 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Bronx-lebanon Hospital Center, Lincoln Medical & Mental Health Center, and St Barnabas Hospital.
- There are 76 senior living facilities in the area, including Daughters of Jacob Nursing Home , Bronx Lebanon Special Care Center, and Findlay House.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 331 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Mosholu Golf Course & Driving Range, Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course, and Pelham Bay Course at Pelham Split Rock Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Crotona Park and Roberto Clemente State Park).
- There are 121 churches nearby, including Christian Church, St Augustine\'s Church, and Goodwill Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.87% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $33,512, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $22,549, which is in the top 98% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $12,071, which is in the top 97% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.73%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10456 has a very dense population density of 85,016.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 57.75%.