Senior Living in 10465 (Bronx, NY)
- 10465 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Bronx, NY.
- 10465 scores higher than the Bronx, NY average of 65.
- 10465 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10465 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Calvary Hospital, New York Westchester Square Medical Center, and Bronx Children\'s Psych Center.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Throgs Neck Extended Care Facility, Fort Schuyler House, and Providence Rest.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 115 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Pelham Bay Course at Pelham Split Rock Golf Club, Clearview Golf Course, and Mosholu Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There is 1 park nearby (Ferry Point Park)..
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Crossway Christian Ctr, St Benedict\'s Church, and St Frances De Chantal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.87% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,952, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,216, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,368, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.91%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10465 has a very dense population density of 12,333.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.94%.