Senior Living in 10469 (Bronx, NY)
- 10469 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Bronx, NY.
- 10469 scores higher than the Bronx, NY average of 65.
- 10469 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10469 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Bronx Children\'s Psych Center, Jacobi Medical Center, and New York Westchester Square Medical Center.
- There are 73 senior living facilities in the area, including Eastchester Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, East Haven Nursing and Rehab Center, and Workmens Circle Multicare Center.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 253 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 91 golf courses nearby, including Mosholu Golf Course & Driving Range, Pelham Bay Course at Pelham Split Rock Golf Club, and Pelham Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (New York Botanical Garden)..
- There are 73 churches nearby, including North Bronx Seventh Day Advnts, Burke Avenue Baptist Church, and Cathedral Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.87% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,155, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,352, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,527, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.52%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10469 has a very dense population density of 26,954.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.05%.