Senior Living in 10471 (Bronx, NY)
- 10471 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Bronx, NY.
- 10471 scores higher than the Bronx, NY average of 65.
- 10471 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10471 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Veterans Affairs Med Center).
- There are 68 senior living facilities in the area, including Methodist Home For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Welcome to Park Gardens Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Atria Riverdale.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 80 golf courses nearby, including Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course, Mosholu Golf Course & Driving Range, and Knickerbocker Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Wave Hill and Van Cortlandt Park).
- There are 32 churches nearby, including St Margaret of Cortona Church, Riverdale Temple, and Christ Church Riverdale.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.87% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $104,139, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,431, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,615, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.73%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10471 has a very dense population density of 8,919.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.04%.