Senior Living in 10475 (Bronx, NY)
- 10475 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Bronx, NY.
- 10475 scores higher than the Bronx, NY average of 65.
- 10475 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 10475 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Our Lady Of Mercy Med Center).
- There are 66 senior living facilities in the area, including Bay Park Center For Nursing and Rehab LLC, Regeis Care Center, and Workmens Circle Multicare Center.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 92 golf courses nearby, including Pelham Bay Course at Pelham Split Rock Golf Club, Pelham Country Club, and Mosholu Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There is 1 park nearby (Pelham Bay Park)..
- There are 45 churches nearby, including St Michaels Church, Co-Op City Seventh Day, and Salmon Beryl J.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.87% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,158, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,767, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,910, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.18%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10475 has a very dense population density of 23,645.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.14%.