Senior Living in 10501 (Amawalk, NY)
- 10501 scores the same as the Amawalk, NY average of 82.
- 10501 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10501 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Four Winds Hospital, Hudson Valley Hospital Center, and Northern Westchester Hospital.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including The Country House In Westchester, Stone Manor Twin La, and Field Home .
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 115 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 121 golf courses nearby, including Sanctuary Country Club, Mohansic Golf Course, and Shallow Creek Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lasdon Park, Arboretum & Veterans Memorial, Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park, and Donald J. Trump.
- There are 40 churches nearby, including Church of the Good Shepherd, Yorktown Jewish Ctr, and Grace Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $204,907, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $139,712, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $68,940, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.80%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10501 has an average population density of 871.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.03%.