Senior Living in 10511 (Buchanan, NY)
- 10511 scores the same as the Buchanan, NY average of 80.
- 10511 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10511 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Va Hudson Valley Healthcare System, Va Hudson Vly Hlth Care System, and Helen Hayes Hospital.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Veterans Home at Montrose, Drum Hill Senior Living Community, and Bethel Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 87 golf courses nearby, including Hudson National Golf Club, Hudson National Golf Club, and Phillip J. Rotella Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Depew Park, Bear Mountain State Park, and High Tor State Park.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Trinity Boscobel Methodist Chr, St Christopher\'s Catholic Chr, and Saint Patrick\'s Catholic Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $130,052, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,454, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,294, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.67%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10511 has a dense population density of 1,532.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.12%.