Senior Living in 10522 (Dobbs Ferry, NY)
- 10522 scores the same as the Dobbs Ferry, NY average of 75.
- 10522 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10522 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Community Hosp At Dobbs Ferry and Yonkers General Hospital).
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including St Cabrini Nursing Home, Lincoln Rest Home, and Atria Woodlands.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 101 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 107 golf courses nearby, including St. Andrew\'s Golf Club, The, Ardsley Country Club, and Scarsdale Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Tallman Mountain State Park and Untermyer Park & Gardens).
- There are 42 churches nearby, including Dobbs Ferry Lutheran Church, Sacred Heart Church, and Greenburgh Hebrew Ctr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $138,945, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $104,170, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $49,567, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.33%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10522 has a dense population density of 4,477.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.12%.