Senior Living in 10523 (Elmsford, NY)
- 10523 scores the same as the Elmsford, NY average of 80.
- 10523 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10523 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including Phelps Memorial Hospital Assn, Blythedale Children\'s Hospital, and Westchester Medical Center.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including Brightview Tarrytown, Hebrew Hospital Home of Westchester, and Westchester Meadows.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 49 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 216 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 132 golf courses nearby, including Knollwood Country Club, Metropolis Country Club, and Elmwood Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Rockefeller State Park Preserve and Tallman Mountain State Park).
- There are 92 churches nearby, including Gilmore John H, Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church, and Union Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,938, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,877, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,740, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.24%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10523 has a dense population density of 2,062.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.36%.