Senior Living in 10524 (Garrison, NY)
- 10524 scores the same as the Garrison, NY average of 84.
- 10524 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10524 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Keller Army Community Hospital, Cornwall Hospital, and Hudson Valley Hospital Center.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Chestnut Ridge Apartments, Cortlandt Healthcare LLC, and North Westchester Restorative Therapy and Nursing Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 96 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 112 golf courses nearby, including Highlands Country Club, Garrison Golf Club, and West Point Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Taconic Outdoor Education Center, Storm King State Park, and Black Rock Forest.
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Grace United Methodist Church, Our Lady of Loretto Church, and St Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.44% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $145,822, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $108,036, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $51,151, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.21%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10524 has a sparse population density of 212.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.36%.