Senior Living in 10527 (Granite Springs, NY)
- 10527 scores the same as the Granite Springs, NY average of 84.
- 10527 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10527 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Hudson Valley Hospital Center and Four Winds Hospital).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including The Country House In Westchester, Stone Manor Twin La, and North Westchester Restorative Therapy and Nursing Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 108 golf courses nearby, including Shallow Creek Golf Course, Mohansic Golf Course, and Sanctuary Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Donald J. Trump, Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park, and Lasdon Park, Arboretum & Veterans Memorial.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Church of the Good Shepherd, Grace Lutheran Church, and Yorktown Jewish Ctr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $222,485, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $199,688, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $69,183, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.91%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10527 has a sparse population density of 371.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.93%.