Senior Living in 10532 (Hawthorne, NY)
- 10532 scores the same as the Hawthorne, NY average of 83.
- 10532 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10532 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Westchester Medical Center, Westchester Medical Center, and Blythedale Children\'s Hospital.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in the area, including Crestview Manor Home For Adults, Somers Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Westchester Meadows.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 42 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 139 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 126 golf courses nearby, including Country Club at Pleasantville, The, Pocantico Hills Golf Course, and Knollwood Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Rockefeller State Park Preserve)..
- There are 54 churches nearby, including Hawthorne Reformed Church, Holy Rosary Catholic Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $128,276, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $110,375, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,825, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.30%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10532 has a dense population density of 2,641.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.68%.