Senior Living in 10535 (Jefferson Valley, NY)
- 10535 scores the same as the Jefferson Valley, NY average of 77.
- 10535 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 10535 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Hudson Valley Hospital Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including North Westchester Restorative Therapy and Nursing Center, The Country House In Westchester, and Seabury at Field Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Shallow Creek Golf Course, Sanctuary Country Club, and Mohansic Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Donald J. Trump, Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park, and Lasdon Park, Arboretum & Veterans Memorial.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Shrub Oak United Methodist Chr, St Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, and Church of the Good Shepherd.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $103,751, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,279, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,845, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.63%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 10535 has an average population density of 1,227.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.51%.